Texas Outdoor Community
Guidelines / Rules of Conduct
Please review the following rules of conduct.
The TOC is policed/managed by a group of volunteer
Remember the "Golden Rule"![ Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.]
1. Do not post off-topic. Please keep your comments consistent with the subject and purpose of the conversation thread. Take all random Threads to the OT.
2. Please keep in mind that deleting, moving, editing or locking of your post is not intended to be an insult. If a topic starts to get out of hand we will remove it. We unlike other forums have a good sense of humor and a slightly dirty mind, but this is a public forum and we want to keep mostly clean.
3. All questions concerning TOC policies and management are addressed offline via email or telephone. If you have a question about policy, please email one of our moderators. don't take your problems on the forum - they will be deleted. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Don’t “call out” the moderators on the forum. The moderators are volunteers and choose to moderate because they like the TOC. If you are Pm'ed by a Mod you must reply. If you have problems with a moderator, email email@example.com.
5. No foul language. The are a few choice words we let slide, but their overuse will result in a warning or ban. There are a few that never need to be used Y'all know what they are. When writing, it is very easy to express yourself without cursing. Use **** if you need to.
6. We promote a friendly atmosphere for Hunters, Fishermen and outdoors men to exchange ideas, stories and tales. Differences of opinions are welcome. We do not, however, tolerate those that try to start an argument with every post. If you are looking to start trouble with members or are Trolling you will be removed from the site.
7. No personal attacks – if you disagree with someone, that is fine, just keep it respectful. You will be warned only once. If the behavior continues, you will be banned from the forum possibly permanently. DO NOT HARASS PEOPLE WITH EMAIL OR PM WHEN YOU HAVE A DISAGREEMENT ON THE FORUM. This too will get you banned.
8. Do not try to solve personal problems on the forum. No one is interested in watching you work out your problems. If you are concerned about an interaction with someone and are interested in resolving it, send him or her an email or PM. If you don't get a response, just let it go.
9. No Gay sex Jokes- None are funny, they are gross and no one wants to hear them.
10.[b]No racism of any kind will be tolerated.[/b]
11.Guides, hunting related businesses, and other web sites are welcome here. The only exception to this rule is promotion of a site that is a direct competitor of the TOC, that includes all fishing, hunting and outdoor forums. We don’t use other forums to promote our site and we expect the same from our members. Do not bash or talk bad about members or non members of this site or any other. Though friendly banter is ok.
12. We welcome guides and outfitters to this site. If you don't agree with the use of guides or outfitters, keep that to yourself. Guides and outfitters offer a lot of information and we want them visiting the site on a regularly.
13. Do not copy and paste articles from other publications to this site. It is a COPYRIGHT VIOLATION to do so. If you want to reference an article on another web site, post a link.
14. No trash talk about our sponsors. "Do not bash other forums. We don't like it done to us, so don't do it to them".
15. When posting items in the Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds section, do not use multiple user names to post the same item. Creating multiple accounts is not acceptable.If you are found to have multiple accounts you will be removed from the site. Also, do not post the same item multiple times. If you want to start a new post on an item, delete the old one.
16. Signature images may not be larger than 600 pixels wide by 125 pixels tall. This includes logos, photos and other graphics. Also, no more than 1 row of images are allowed. If you want 4 or 5 logos in your signature, reduce their size to fit in 1 row. A row of signature images must not cause the screen to scroll horizontally.
17. Limit your photos to a maximum of 800 pixels wide.
18. No Welcome back posts, Do not talk about members who are banned.
19. If you have an idea about a fund raiser notify a moderator.
20. Remember this site at times has some material that may not be suitable for young kids
or the work place.
We will be updating this section occasionally. Our goal is an open and friendly forum.
If you have any suggestion concerning our rules of conduct, please email firstname.lastname@example.org